Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tag Others or Writing Prompts

Island Gwen

Planetoid
When browsing other people's stories, I noticed one that had tags for other participants to reply. This seems like a useful, if restrictive, way of keeping the narrative on track and giving slower members a chance to get a word in edgewise. However, when looking back over the stories, I couldn't find the one that had that, and all that I browsed into lacked those prompts.

What are people's opinions on these? Are they thought to be too limiting to be widely used?

~

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you mean and have never seen anything like that. Were the @-ing the person? Did they include bullet points?

This is also I think the wrong place for this, might want to try asking in general discussion or blue moon academy.

I've only seen this done in group rps. However, it was done either as the GM, @-ing each person with individual responses, or by individuals to pinpoint who they were talking to.

I don't necessarily know if this does/would work. If we're in a group rp and I @ you in my reply, shouldn't you already be aware our characters are interacting? Does @-ing you mean that nobody else can chime in or interrupt? I will be frank, I don't understand group role-plays. Anytime you're interacting or focusing with just two people back and forth, it makes me ask, "why don't you just do a onexone?"

Thanks for your super fast responses! This site is amazing for that.

might want to try asking in general discussion or blue moon academy

I did place it in the former, but an admin kindly moved it rather than deleting it out of hand. As a newbie, I totally respect their judgement on this.

However, it was done either as the GM, @-ing each person with individual responses

That must have been what I saw. Does that create an alert for the @ed person? Or is that more of a queue or suggestion?

~

Back
Top Bottom