Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Allies, Old Enemies ((Bow_Down&LostOne))

LostOne

Star
Morgan jerked awake in mid scream her gray eyes shooting open as she took in the now familiar design of her room at Xavier's mansion. Sitting up she sighed and checked the alarm clock by her bed side. "2 am, fucking great." she murmured as she turned on the bedside lamp. Shaking her head she slipped long legs off the edge of the bed. Another sleepless night in the hell that had become her life since her return from England.

Two week she'd been back away from Dante and his group, the lot that made Magneto look like a freaking pussycat. In those two weeks her dreams had been haunted by his face as he threatened to get revenge on her. She knew it was starting to show, the professor had even offered to read her mind. Of course she denied it, last thing she needed was him sending a team out there to handle something that she started in the first place.

Pulling on a small robe she grabbed her uniform and headed to the bathroom that everyone on this floor shared. Maybe some training would help; stripping off her pajamas she turned the water on high and let the water wash away her nightmare. Rolling her shoulder she slipped the black leather uniform on and headed to the danger room. At this hour no one but Wolverine was ever up and he was on the other side of the mansion. Or at least she thought he was the only one still awake.

In the danger room, the faint sound of clinking metal was made apparent. He always had a smoke after training. The dark also calmed him down. His red eyes, scanned the dark room, as he sat in the middle of it. He groaned softly and he sat back against the wall, he looked around him. Silence. Darkness. Just the way he liked it. Another puff of his cigarette and he was sailing, his mind was calm, his body was calm. Overall, he was calm.

The clink of the metal door suprised him. It was two o clock, and there was someone coming in to train. . .something didn't seem right. He waited for the person to show themselves. A charged card, ready for whoever this person was. The room reaked of cigarette smoke and sweat, and the lights had not turned on yet. The card sat in his hands idly. He would be ready to fight if needed. . .

As soon as he saw her face, due to the light in the hall, he smirked and the card lost its charge. He put the card away and turned his attention to the woman who was there now. "Can't sleep?" The cajun's voice echoed throughout the room. His accent apperent. ..

She jumped and her hands flared electricity snapping around her before she called it back in painfully noticing recognizing the accent. "Christ Gambit, give a girl a heart attack why don't you?" shaking her head slightly she turned on the lights. It smelled like him in here, his cigarette smoke wafting around the large room. "Didn't Wolverine tell you not to smoke in the danger room?" In fact she remembered him yelling at the Cajun a few days ago about it.

"Yeah I guess I'm not really tired." she said smiling oddly hoping the rings under her eyes weren't too apparent. "I figured I'd get an hour of training in before trying to go back to sleep." I'd have re-thought that idea if I'd know you were awake was the thought that followed but remained unspoken. It wasn't as though she disliked him; in fact she was quite fond of him. Not even she could piss Logan off as easily as Remy could. It was just that people were always asking if she was okay, and at this point she was willing to say no and even explain why.

"So you getting ready to head to bed or do you mind if I practice my avoidance maneuvers for a bit?" that was it act carefree ignore the fact her head was pounding from lack of sleep and she was likely to fail miserably at any kind of maneuver at this point.

Back
Top Bottom