Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rise of a new Hell (Hai, Romantic, and Karo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hai Hai

Planetoid
Vilith, the Warlock Demoness

It had been a few days since Vilith gave into the demands of the Angel. She had requested that Vilith help her and a human for a little while in the war, to fight a common enemy. The demons of Hell had found another way onto the land of Sanctuary, and were now raging war against the humans once more. The Angels had also found a way, but theirs was more limited, so less Angels could get through, while masses of Demons could swarm in.

Vilith had involuntarily came to the human's world. She had been dragged up, she mostly didn't care about the war the Demons had sought to win against the angels and mortals. After so long of just traveling alone, soon the human and Angel found her and battled her. They believed her to be one of the commanding demons, but in truth she was simply a form or Warlock among the demons, mind controlling a small group of moronic demons. She had no part in the war, and the two of them soon learned that and recruited her.

Despite her not caring about the humans, she did love to play around with them here and there, and the Angel told her if the Demons won this war, they would kill all humans and kill her for not helping. So it made Vilith have to decide, either get killed when the Demons won, or get killed while fighting them off. Vilith obviously chose to go with the human and Angel.

"How much walking do we have to do?" Vilith complained after sitting down, her lower half still mostly a mist. They had been heading out to try and cleanse the demon who had been tormenting the merchants in the new Tristram. So far they had only found a few minor demons here and there, feeding either to the killing of more demons, or to Vilith's minions. "My feet are starting to hurt now." She said, though no one could even see if she had feet. She had been a major complainer most of the travel, but a good asset as well.

Raciel, Angelic warrior

There was a soft fluttering of feathers as Raciel crossed her arms in a bit of a huff. Why she had recruited a demon...she still wasn't sure, but she was a powerful ally, and she was walking a thin line by working with her. However, she was the first to admit that they wouldn't be winning this war without whatever help they could scoop up. They'd be crushed under sheer numbers of the opposing demons alone, otherwise.

"We're going to be doing a lot more walking, so get used to it, and please..." she sighed, white feathered wings folded at her back. "Just...stop complaining so much..."

It had to be a demon...she shook her head as she felt the onset of a headache. She scanned out in the distance carefully; she needed to be certain that their resting wouldn't provoke an attack or ambush. It would prove disastrous for her efforts.

And a daunting task she did have in front of her, not only was she there to fight the demons that were attacking, she had a human in her charge to protect, and now a demon to personally keep an eye on.

"We shouldn't stay here long; it'll do better if we keep moving..."

Skaye, Elemental/Summoning Druid

The fires crackled and glowed red as they rose from the ground. They flared up and ran along the ground, racing through a small gathering of Fallen. Little red imps. They were a scourge on the land, plaguing and destroying all that they touched. They needed to die. Even if it meant razed earth. However, the grass under the flames was just fine. What friend of the earth could summon a force that would destroy it?

This was the first that she had to turn the earth against the minions of the devils. Well that itself wasn't the first time. This was just the first event that was making her do such a thing. She had been wanting to lead a peaceful life. Of course that could never be now.

It'd been a surprise when she'd received two blessings. One from an Angel, which wasn't so surprising as the second. That was because the second was a Demoness. But demons had as much to lose from the destruction of the world as everything else. They would chatter and bicker, while she did the majority of the work with her flame waves. It was exhausting, but she knew that she was the weakest, and only by strengthening herself though these fights would she improve.

Vilith smirked at the Angel's remarks. She liked it when she annoyed the Holy Being. She looked over and saw what the Druid was doing. Hmph...such straight forward assaults, they won't always work. She thought and stood up, moving over to a Fallen that had just barely escaped the bursts of fire. Vilith put her foot on the demon's back, pressing it to the ground. "Such a worthless being, why did they free you into this plain. You can't even keep your self alive for five minutes." She said, holding her hand out and it started to glow purple.

"Die now." She said, and an orb went flying into the Fallen's head, leaving only a body with arms and legs. She then lifted her foot off of the corpse and started to move on. "Well, lets get going then." She stated as the Druid finished off the weak Demons. "Time will only move on the longer we wait here." She stated, contradicting what she had just complained about a moment ago.

She she moved, the corpses of the Fallen, burnt or not, would start to open up, and smaller demons would sprout out of the bodies, moving over to Vilith. These little creatures may have been much, much smaller than the Fallen where, but were a lot stronger than those demons. Each of the Demons Vilith summoned would have an elemental atonement of their own, though some were the same they would cast different spells either way. By now, Vilith had a good fifteen demons following her, or as she called them Fae.

Raciel drew back a bit as the new demons joined to follow Vilith. They made her uneasy, that much was clear, and she could never get over it. Instinct was to attack. And more than once, she felt her hand jump to the hilt of her sword or to the bow slung across her back. A low growl sounded in her throat, and she took to wing again.

"More of the same ahead...' she called down. "If we need to rest, I suggest we find a place to do it soon...that is if someone's feet are going to be able to stand the walk..." she shot down to Vilith, an obvious disdain in her voice as she spoke.

It was true, she left most of the fighting to the others. Battle was never her forte. Not to say that she wasn't skilled with a sword or capable of dealing a lethal blow, but her interests were elsewhere. Particularly when partnered with a demon. Just being near the fiends was beginning to sicken her, and with Vilith gaining more followers, she made it a point to distance herself as much as possible.

Vilith watched the holy being take to the skies, chuckling as she did and then continued to walk. Her Fae were moving all around her feet, but seemed to never get in her way, some hovered around her mid-section, but non ever dare go above her head, figuratively or literally. She looked up at Raciel as she spoke. "Damn it all! Those things get so fucking annoying. Especially if they have their shamans and such around them. Their a mere pest, lets avoid them!" She called out and looked around, seeing a cave near by.

"This way, we can rest in there." She said and headed to the cave. She made it in first and turned to look at the other two, the human practically behind her. "We will rest here for the night. Unless someone wants to go flapping their wings around again." Vilith stated, looking at Raciel with an evil smirk. It may have took her a while, but the human was asleep, Vilith sitting at the entrance with her Fae crawling around. She didn't sleep, at all, but she did invade mortal's sleep. This may have been the only reason she was doing any of this. She looked to the angel to check if she were asleep or not.

Raciel had tucked herself to a further corner of the little cave, her wings folded around her shoulders for a bit of added warmth. She normally didn't sleep, she didn't need to, but she enjoyed being able to rest and relax her mind every once in a while.

"I know what you're thinking." She said quietly, then opened one eye to look across at Vilith. "And if you touch her, I'll be dealing with you personally."

No, she didn't like the demon at all, and perhaps a chance to lay justice down would be warranted. After all, they had fared well so far, and she was sure the little extra work without Vilith might have been worth it.

"You know very well I don't need to sleep, so I don't see why you're even thinking of pulling something like that." She said, her wings folding back behind her to indicate that she was, in fact, wide awake.

Vilith smirked at Raciel. "You know nothing of what I think. And if you think you will walk into any Demon's den unscathed, or alive, you might want to reconsider the facts." Vilith stated. "Fact one, these demons are newer, more recent, you have no idea how they work, or how well they work together now. Fact two, they have armies at their feet, much more than mine." She said with her evil smirk once more.

"And if you think it is full of these Fallen? Oh, they don't measure up to half the strength of their weakest. These Fallen are bottom feeders, scrounging at what they can grab. They only survived because they stayed hidden from sight." Vilith informed and then went silent, looking back out side. "Did you hear anything?" She questioned, and just as she finished, a load scream was heard, as if someone was in trouble.

"Oh! Someone being tortured. That's good." She said with a smirk then looked to Raciel. "Not in the fact that the person is being tortured. It is just that the screams will attract demons. And those screams are in a different direction from ours, so we might want to start moving while the paths clear of demons." Vilith stated, snapping her fingers as she stood, her Fae moving at the command.

She growled a bit again. She had half a mind just to have it out with Vilith right then and there, but that wouldn't do much good. She had a point, whether Raciel agreed with it or not. A clear path would make travel so much easier. She gave a curt nod to the demoness, and took a few steps towards her as she stretched her wings out.

Their eyes met for a moment, Raciel's showing her great disdain for Vilith. She had the feeling that they were letting her gain too much power, but what could they do? They needed her help, and that was all there was to it. She would just have to hold her tongue.

"Unfortunately, you have a point. It's not often we have an opportunity like this before us." She stretched her wings once more, and adjusted the brass-polished armor she wore slightly. "We should cover as much ground as we can."

Vilith lifted the human girl onto her back and shifted her into a comfortable position. The Fae then went into Vilith's cloud around her lower legs and started to disappear in it. "Then keep up." Vilith said and started to bolt forward, hovering over the ground. She would travel like this, only being slowed down because of her being so close to the terrain, and eventually they came up to a cross road, one leading to a near by village, and the other out to the country.

Vilith stopped and looked down both roads. She had been the one guiding them, having been able to sense the Demon's aura. "Oh....oh no. I can't sense him any more." She said, looking around. "He's masked it beyond here..." She said, setting the human down. She then let out a couple Fae to go down either road for a bit. "He must have messed up some where, where was it..." She said, but the Fae came back with nothing. "Shit! I don't suppose are are close enough for you to sense him, are we?" She asked, looking to Raciel.

She shook her head. "No...I have hard enough telling one demon from the next..." she said quietly. "As of right now, you're in such close proximity to me, I'm not getting much else." She shook her head, and unfurled her wings. With a few wingbeats, she was in the air, but sighed, and shook her head as she descended.

"Nothing...we may need to just go the more likely route, and hope that we're correct." She said quietly. "I hate to leave things up to chance like that, but it may be our only choice."

She sighed. "The village has a better chance of having attracted demons..." she said. "I'm not sure if we want that, though...on the other hand, it may give us a chance to resupply..."

Vilith let out an annoyed sigh as Raciel said that. "Alright, we'll go to the village, but you're doin' the talking." She said and tapped one of her large horns, "I would but people don't take kindly to me." She said in a joking tone as she started to head to the village. Her Fae then retreated back to her body, but that was little known to the others, to them they just hide in the mist around her lower legs.

She would let Raciel lead the group into the village, which seemed to be made up of poor farmers, rouge scouts, and merchants from all over Sanctuary. She looked around and could feel the depression of the entire village. Even a human could tell this place was depressed. The only people who didn't seem depressed where the merchants just opening their shops. "Well shit, the Hellforge feels more welcome." She said, looking around once more, and saw the expressions of some humans as she passed them.

She didn't know what it was, but seeing the little girl's fear filled eyes didn't bring her happiness anymore. She then looked to Raciel and didn't make eye contact with anyone else. She stood behind Raciel, only glancing around, but made sure that eye contact wasn't made. Naturally, she should feel at home, right? All this depression, all this fear, but it wasn't effecting her like normal.

Skaye woke slowly to the feeling of being jostled about. She felt weird and disoriented. The earth was telling her she'd definitely been moved. And that she wasn't exactly touching earth either. As she got her full bearings, she realized she was riding on a pile of indistinct haze. Then the demoness came more into focus. Skaye couldn't say that she was pleased. Being carried by the demon made her feel like her mind and soul may have been violated somehow. But the Angel was nearby. So she'd have to have been safe from corruption. The earth wouldn't let that happen to her either.

She pushed herself off the Demoness, landing on her own feet with the tiniest of wobbles. Skaye had just woken, so she was just warming up as the saying went. "Where did we go? The earth is telling me that we haven't purged the fields of all the demons yet. We need to go back." The druid let out a small yawn. But she was damn glad to be off the demoness' back. Being carried by one would be bad for her image.

((Ack, sorry I haven't been able to post. I've been busy with classwork. I'll get something done either tomorrow night, or this weekend ^^; No classes on Fridays gives me some free time))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom